1.16.2007

twenty-nine and eight

The Suns (29 - 8) are on a ten game winning streak, having now defeated the Memphis Grizzlies, 137 - 122. The Grizzlies (9 - 30) actually were right in the game until the fourth quarter. The Grizzlies even won the first quarter, 35 - 32. It looked like the Grizzlies were going to make it a close game the whole way, but the Suns started pulling away and got up by 20 late in the game. D'Antoni kept the starters in to keep the lead up against this competitive team, and it payed off. One note that needs to be stated is that Kurt Thomas injured his left elbow early in the game and had to leave. He was scheduled for an MRI today, so hopefully they'll know when he'll be back, especially since he's been key in our 8 person lineup. Also, and I just thought I had to throw this in, I recorded the TNT showing of the game, even though it was on local TV with the normal announcers that I like to listen to. I thought, "Hey, it's national TV...it's gotta be good." I've never thought a Suns game to be boring until I watched it with the announcers through TNT, even though Stat did pump in 42 points. I will never again record the TNT version when there might be a local showing of the same game. The Suns take on the Houston Rockets (25 - 13) on Wednesday in Houston. The Rockets have to take on the Mavericks (31 - 8) tonight first, though. Should be a good challenge for Houston: the two top teams in the NBA back to back. At least they're home when they face the Suns. GO SUNS!

0 comments: