1.13.2007

resolved

I believe I have mentioned Resolved before: it's the group of college age and up who desire a deeper growth and greater impact in the local body and the local community. I have been asked to be in the Resolved leadership, and part of my role would be to define my role, since there will be little direction from Jamie Self (studentministries pastor at ncc) because he wants to get a group of people together that love the Lord and will take initiative in creating ministries and loving people for the Kingdom and for His name's sake. What a great goal! Amy and I are talking about being finished with the high school group and moving solely into Resolved at the end of the summer. It would free up more time during the week, and we'd have the opportunity to be with more people our age. Peers...that would be nice. To God be the glory. May it be done in such a way that there could be no other explaination than God did it.

2 comments:

Dan G. said...

Sorry I missed it tonight. I didn't get your call, I was rapidly losing track of time with a friend who I hadn't seen in a while.

The Vaughn Van Liews said...

I think that is very exciting! We, too, as you have heard, have been asked to lead our College group here at Crosspoint Community Church in Gadsden, Alabama. Maybe you can help us old fogies out with some creative ideas...it's been a while since we were in youth ministry. Hopefully it will "come back to us!" Your Dad is so excited...he is already writing Sunday School curriculum and has a camping/hiking trip planned for April. To God Be the Glory!!! Yo Mama