1.20.2007

python boy...umm man

"Pythonboy" is Daniel Pruitt. We had an hour long conversation today as the GOB met on the phone across the country. The Group Of Brothers disbanded after Hector Cruz got married back in the days of GMTC. Chad Kitchens, Daniel, and I were still holding strong, but then I got married, too. Chad got married this last year, and that still leaves Daniel unpaired. And he's secure with where the Lord has him. So, we're trying to bring in a new era of the GOB, where marriage does not matter. Dan is in the Chaplain platoon at basic training in South Carolina (where I was born, by the way). I didn't know this, but Chaplains are actually considered officers. Daniel has a Masters of Divinity (M.Div.) from the seminary that he attended the last couple of years - I only have my bachelors (I've been married 4 years, though!). The Lord has decisively taken us different routes in life, but He uses different parts of the Body to do different tasks and to reach different people. I'd never be able to reach those soldiers in Iraq, and Dan wouldn't be able to reach the high school students I teach at DVHS in Glendale, AZ. The phone conversation was a great time to reacquaint ourselves with the other brother. I've missed Dan, but it is good to know that the Lord is working strongly in his life and is/will be using him to further the Kingdom and to glorify His name alone. "Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name!"

0 comments: