1.18.2007

stop being sarcastic

I had a/some student(s) last week go to the assistant principal and complain that I was sarcastic. Me? Never. I can't believe ANYONE might think that about lil' ol' me. Heh heh. Anyway, the principal calls me in and tells me to "stop being sarcastic." I was thinking, but it's part of my personality, and I'm just playing around, but I understand her point of creating a safe environment, though she didn't put that last part in so many words...okay, any words at all. I told her that I'd watch myself, and I have watched myself...be just as sarcastic as before. I did talk to each of my classes, telling them that I would like them to come to me so I can make things right, instead of them having to go to the principal about it. No one came to me about it, but I hope they know they can. So I keep having sarcastic fun with my classes, and most of my students seem to at least tolerate my sense of humor, if not actually play right along with me. We still get through the material, and I'm still a very demanding teacher who desires excellence, but we can still have a good time while together.

0 comments: