2.28.2007

ggvan makes it to 100

Unless there is news that I've not heard of (I don't think they'd keep this quite, though), my Great Grandma Van made it through yesterday, her 100th birthday. I can now say that I've had a grandma who was over 100 years old. That's pretty amazing. She made it long enough to have everyone be able to celebrate her birthday together and get to say goodbye. My parents and sister were very blessed by the Lord giving her a little more time for that. She's now even surpassed her actual birthdate. 100 years old. That's a lot to have sink in. And I said "goodbye" to her back in January. I feel a little silly, but not really. It was a great time that I got to spend with her, and I wouldn't take it back. How much longer will she hold on? The Lord knows, and I don't, and that's just fine. Grandma Van held dearly to this incredible God that we know, and she's rested in His sovereignty most of her life...why shouldn't I do the same? What God does defines what's right and good...that's His character...that's who He is...and that's who my Great Grandma Van sought after and lived for. What a legacy for the rest of the Van Liew Clan to follow! All to God's glory alone.

1 comments:

The Vaughn Van Liews said...

(After some prompting) Your dad called Grandma Van on the evening of her birthday. She is doing better, Naomi said. ALSO, she tried to talk to your dad!!! What a trooper!