3.27.2007

teacher protest

The DVUSD teachers will not be receiving a raise next year. The salary ladder was disbanded a couple years ago, and raises are all dependent upon what percent the district decides to increase salaries for the next year. They decided upon 0% for this up-coming year. The teachers here at DVHS decided to not give extra help this week so as to spur the parents to call the school board to complain. I do not know how much of an impact this silent protest will have, but I'm all for it. Insurance premiums are going up next year, too, so that means I will actually be paid less next year than this. Doesn't make sense that someone with more experience would receive less money, does it? How is the education of these students being treated if the district is not willing to pay it's teachers? What do you think?

1 comments:

The Vaughn Van Liews said...

I think that is ABSOLUTELY atrocious and you can tell the school board that I said so!