3.31.2007

great evening

Tonight was great. The poker games were fun, but it was the fellowship of believers that made it even better. We got to just mess around, poke fun at each other, and enjoy getting taunted. It was a blast. Chris Blackford, Matthew du Mée, Michael Withem, Gethsemane (Sam, Chris' friend, and now mine), and I were the only ones who made it, but, boy, did we make it! I had so much fun. I got to talk with Gethsemane after everyone else left (he was waiting for his wife and step-daughter to pick him up). We talked about music and people who we know in common (JJ - the tenor section leader from DVHS when I was a freshman; he made All-State Jazz along with Gethsemane; they both went to Grand Canyon University for college on full-ride scholarships for vocal music). Gethsemane is also a Tenor 1 (same range as JJ and I; but with a little more range at the bottom than I - but that's true for almost any man) and plays the piano and guitar. He'd led worship at his previous church (now trying out NCC) and he had led the youth there, as well. He is 26...quite accomplished. He loves recording and computers. We had a great time laughing and getting to know each other tonight. Amy said his great laugh reminds her of someone she knows. She can’t remember who that is right now, but she had good feelings hit her when she heard the laughter (I bet it hurt). I look forward to getting to be around Gethsemane and his wife more. They’ll be trying to make it to our Saturday night Bible study, too, and we’ll see them on Sunday at church. Good times. Good times.

0 comments: