2.05.2007

colts are champs

The Bears came out with a 92 yard kickoff return for a touchdown! The first time in NFL history that such a feat has been accomplished. The Bears game up a touchdown the Colts' first drive, but they missed the extra point. The Bears scored again, making it 14 - 6. From there on out it was all Colts. The final was 29 - 17, Colts. It was disappointing for me, but everyone else at the party was rooting for the Colts, so most everyone was happy. It was nice to see the Bears make the playoffs and even the Superbowl for the first time since I've been a fan, since I was five years old. Jason Procknow (died at the age of 17 or liver cancer; never drank), a friend from Boulder City, NV, introduced me to Chicago sports, and the Cubs and Bears have been my teams ever since. Oh, well, I enjoyed the game while the Bears were ahead. Praise the Lord sports don't make life go round. And praise the Lord that the Colts' head coach is a believer and made that profession when he was awarded the trophy. God knows what He's doing, I can tell you that.

0 comments: