1.09.2007

teaching math

I had one of the classes that I thought I'd get this semester taken from me the morning of the first day back from Christmas break. I had no idea that they'd changed my schedule until that morning. Instead of having an AIMS Prep (which already replaced an Algebra 1/2 class I had last semester), 2 dropback Algebra 1's, and 2 regular Algebra 1/2's, one of those Algebra 1/2's was dispersed to the other Algebra teachers and I got a third Algebra 1 dropback class. I know I am the second lowest on the totem poll, but it sure seems like I'm taking the brunt of changes. It will take me another five years before I'll have some sort of seniority around DV, since there are a lot of veteran teachers here, and they deserve their seniority because they've earned it. So, I am not complaining that I am being treated unfairly, I am just stating that I don't like change. Maybe the Lord is trying to strengthen me through a trial of change. Truthfully, I am surprised how tired I am just five days of school back into teaching. I need to rely. The Lord is good. Yahweh-Mehsah :: The LORD my Refuge.

0 comments: