11.18.2007

home sweet home

Kate if finally home! (And so am I!) We got released form the hospital this evening at around 7. It is so nice to be home for more than just a shower. It was nice to see Aidan tonight too, I missed him. It has been such a long week, but all of the days kind of melded together. We were only really gaging time by 'Maybe she can go home after 2 days' and other things like that. As of this morning we weren't sure if we were going to make it home tonight or tomorrow morning. The dr. and nurse seemed to think that it wouldn't be until tomorrow because of all the things that had to be done before we were able to leave but the very good nurse pushed things through as fast as she could so we could get home tonight. It was very nice of her. This morning when they weighed Kate she had gained 3 oz. and the dr. cleared her to go home because she proved that with the right amount of calories she could gain the weight she needed to. This was after one night with the tube feedings. We were trained today on how to put the feeding tube in and change it, were were given a home pump and I learned how to use that and hook Kate up to it at night. Alot of stuff happened today, and I got to watch the last NASCAR race of the season since I was still in the hospital. JoAnn provided me with a very good lunch (I am sick of the cafeteria food...blahhh) and we had some visitors this afternoon to. John Lasley, The Brothwells, and my parents. It was nice to see everyone. Sorry if I seem to be rambling a bit, I am very tired and can't seem to keep my thoughts straight. Anyway, so I am happy to be home, have Kate in her own bed, have me in my own bed, not to have people coming in at all hours of the night checking on things (loudly) and not to have any strange people with strange sicknesses in the same room with me. I will write some more later just wanted to give an update on everything now. Thank you so much for all of your prayers, love and concern.

1 comments:

The Vaughn Van Liews said...

Soooo good to hear that others of The Body are stepping up when your family aren't able to! Tremendously releives this Mom's and Grandma's heart. Thank you NCC family and Phoenix family. Thank You Lord for guiding and directing the doctors and nurses and Adam and Amy through this adventure.