8.19.2007

school begins again

The summer is over and Deer Valley High School is back in session. We started this past Monday to have class again, and there is always a period of time where nothing is settled and students get their schedules changed left and right. I've gained and lost numerous students just over the past five days. I have to do and redo seating charts and the pages where I write down homework grades for me to then take and put into the computer. With that said, change is a delight at times, though. I am enjoying being back at school. I truly do love teaching. I feel blessed to be at DVHS and I'm looking forward to what the LORD has for me this year. CCC (Christian Club on Campus) will hopefully get started here pretty soon, marking the first time that we've had the club up and running as we'd like it to in the fall. We didn't truly get going last year until the spring semester rolled around. I am truly excited about the LORD using the students involved in CCC's leadership and just those in attendance. I am excited about Him using Diedrich and I to reach the leadership and take them to a new and deeper level of understanding their God and His Gospel. I am also excited about being able to have the classes that I do throughout the school day. I have all Algebra 1-2 and 2-1 classes. 2-1 classes are dropback classes for students to keep moving forward even if they are a semester behind for whatever reason. I have classes all six hours instead of having a prep hour. It means more work, but it also means 20% more pay, which my family could surely use. After being told that we weren't going to receive a raise, I ended up receiving a 2.11% raise, a flat cash increase, and the 6/5th contract on top of that. The LORD is proving to me over and over again that I made the right decision to stay at DVHS this year. It wasn't for the money, since I signed a contract that had the same amount on it as last year's pay, and it wasn't just because I live across the street, though that was a factor. I truly believe that the LORD led me to the decision because of CCC and my desire to serve Him in my neighborhood. So many things to look forward to because of what the LORD is doing and how He's providing in ways only He could be responsible for. All glory to Him. Please pray with me that He would be glorified on Deer Valley's campus more this year than ever before!

1 comments:

The Vaughn Van Liews said...

I believed in the Spring as I do now that you needed to remain At Deer Valley High School. I am glad that you are being confirmed in your decision. Mom