6.21.2007

seven random things

I have been tagged by my friend Christy du Mée to reveal seven (7) random facts about myself and pass the baton on to seven (7) others. I will do the seven facts, but I will not pass it on. I know, what a thrill kill.

meme

/meem/ n. [coined by analogy with `gene', by Richard Dawkins] An idea considered as a replicator, esp. with the connotation that memes parasitize people into propagating them much as viruses do.

Random Fact #1: Amy and I dated for a month and a half before we were engaged on April 27th, 2002.

Random Fact #2: The wedding date (December 28th, 2002) was set by our parents even before we were engaged at a meeting of the families.

Random Fact #3: Amy and I only went on two dates alone before we were engaged. One was to see the Phantom of the Opera in Tucson at UofA, and the other was when I proposed at Encanto Park in Phoenix (we had a KFC picnic).

Random Fact #4: Our son, Aidan, is the first Van Liew male to not have blue eyes.

Random Fact #5: Amy ranked higher than I in high school. I was 5th (of 405) when I graduated from DVHS, yet Amy was around 3rd or 4th (of 9) when she graduated from NFHS. She beat me: how 'bout that?!

Random Fact #6: Amy is 2 1/2 months older than me to the day.

Random Fact #7: I have never had a manicure or pedicure (so, Christy, don't feel too poorly). I'm not saying that I would mind getting one, though.

0 comments: