6.26.2007

helpin' larry

Larry Van Liew, my uncle, my dad's next oldest brother by 15 months, is an RV repair and handyman. He is really good at what he does; he's quick and knowledgeable. I am not. I am slow and don't know tools. But, I was still asked to come help him yesterday put some metal siding on an RV he was repairing. These pieces of metal were around 30 ft. long. He also had me pick up his daughter Ashley's boyfriend, Tyler, since he is a tall (about my height, 6'2") 15 year old and could help us with the long length. So we helped Larry from 1pm until 3pm out at Van's RV (even though Larry doesn't work for Van's, since it's family owned, he can use space on the lot when needed). It wasn't really that long, just 2 hours, but man was that sun unkind. It must have been around 110 degrees F, and we were in the sun working. The sun was hot, the metal was hot, and we were hot. If you want to make "hot" mean "good looking," by all means, go right ahead, but that's not what I meant. Larry always takes care of his works, and I appreciate that. God has enabled him to be the man he is and to do the work he does, and he does it well. He loves the LORD and leads his family that direction, as well. I am proud of my family.

0 comments: