4.08.2007

kate's room


This picture was taken in Kate's room without a flash so you could see the sun shining through the newly hung curtains which Amy and Francy made together. It was pretty cool to see the beautiful (girly) colors of the curtains in Kate's own room that we are prepping for her arrival. You can see the crib where Kate will be sleeping, but we'll be moving it away from the window, and we will be getting a darker shade to go on the window behind the curtains. We're not going as "girly" as we could, so we chose colors that we still "feminine," but not terribly disconcerting for a man to take care of his little girl in the room, either. Thank the Lord for little girls. It is still hard for me to think about it. It is going to be so different to have a girl after having Aidan. He's a punk and not very cuddly (heh heh). Will she be cuddly? Will I melt in the palm of her hand? Be putty in her hands? Be too strict? Too soft? Too unsure? Too arrogant? Too manly (that's funny)? We're watching Father of the Bride II right now, and they just got to the part where the ladies are giving birth. Brings back some memories, and it's helping me to look even more forward to my daughter's arrival. Kate: Coming Soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Brother! I am not saying that sarcastically, but with a great sense of satisfaction. You are so blessed, I can't wait to meet that sweet baby girl, hopefully she will have her momma's disposition and not ours!! I wonder if she will look like Aidan or be fairer, here's hoping for a blue eyed babe! The room looks great, please tell Amy I said so. Love you!

The Vaughn Van Liews said...

Amy - you do such a great job decorating. I do not have that touch, I am afraid. You go for color combinations that I would never even think of together and they turn out fantaastic. I guess I am just too old and boring! Anyway, it really does look great. I am glad that you and Zsa Zsi get to spend time doing fun stuff like this together! I am so excited for Kate's arrival! Love, Yo Mama aka Kathy, Nana, etc.

The Vaughn Van Liews said...

Your father's heart is so neat to see...I am thrilled to be able to VIEW it this way. I am excited about Katelyn Anaya arriving soon and what she will add to our family and our lives! MUCH LOVE! XoXo Yo Mama