3.14.2007

the best part

I must say, the best part of the Suns 129 - 127 victory was being able to cheer the Suns on with my guys. My discipleship group has been together since they were in 7th grade, and I joined them as a leader the second semester of their 7th grade year. This is my sixth year with them, and they are a great bunch of guys. We poked fun at each other, each one pretty much getting his own turn, but we laughed and screamed and had a blast cheering our Suns on to this great win. We were hosted by the Tolmachoffs, and they provided pizza and the HD experience that this game deserved. What a blast we had together! We all jumped up and yelled when Nash hit that three at the end of regulation to tie. We high-fived and grunted together. Guys, if you're reading this, I love you all. You're an incredible blessing to me, and, no, not just because you like the Suns, also. I've been extremely privileged to be your d-group leader for all this time, and I am looking forward to the impact the Lord will have in and through your lives throughout the rest of this year and the many to come. I am proud to call you my friends. Serve Him with all your heart. He deserves our all. It's all for His glory: live like it.

2 comments:

Scott McLean said...

That's great! I follow those teams and it will be interesting to see what happens in the playoffs.

The Vaughn Van Liews said...

I have been living in a fog, I guess. I have forgotten to check your blog this week and last week we didn't have internet and next week we are on a cruise....So, suffice it to say I love you, you are terrific and we sent your son's birthday presents out in today's mail...there is a little something for Easter for him, also.
XoXoXoXoXoXoXoXoXo YO MAMA