1.02.2007

christmas lights

Well, I must say that getting the Christmas lights up was a feet of strength and trust...for Amy. I wouldn't get up on the ladder that was rickety, so my pregnant wife did. Yeah, yeah...I don't wanna hear it. But, when it comes to bringing the lights down...now that is my realm. I employed a technique that I invented called "the pull down." Because of our style of shingles, we were able to utilize plastic hooks that held the lights up even through very windy conditions. With this setup, I was able to undo the physical connection between the lights and their power source, and just start pulling on the strand of lights, freeing the hooks from under the shingles, and successfully removing the lights from their perch. Oh, yeah. In the immortal words of Sean Connery from Finding Forrester, "[Who's] the man now, dawg"?

0 comments: