8.07.2008

facebook

I was just recently told that KAIO (college-age and twenty-somethings group at ncc) had a facebook page, I should join facebook, and that I then would be made an admin of that page so I could help everyone in KAIO stay informed and build community. I didn't take it seriously at first, but then I decided to try it out. I set it up last Friday at 1am. I had 100 friends within two days. I now have 159 friends. It is one of the coolest things I have dealt with online. Myspace can be really trashy, but facebook seems to be different, for all of my exposure so far of less than a week. I liked it so much that Amy made a facebook account for herself, as well. There is an iPhone app for facebook, so I am on facebook on my iPhone as much as I am on my computer at home and my computer at work, as well. I have connected with friends I had in high school who've I've not seen nor heard from in 9 years until facebook. It is an amazing networking tool. I just hope I can keep blogging and doing facebook without it killing me for time.

0 comments: