5.05.2007

sickness becomes us?

Alright, so we all hate being sick, especially when that sickness gives vomiting and diarrhea. Aidan was sick on Tuesday and had the symptoms mentioned above. Amy got the same sickness (probably a 24 hour flu) on Wednesday. She was so sick, she was unable to keep any water down, so we took her to the maternity admitting area at Thunderbird Hospital because she was having major contractions and was in need of an IV. By midnight we were able to take her home. I had to practice with the choir that evening, so Mike (Amy's dad) came and relieved me of duty for an hour or two so I could go sing. There was to be another practice on Thursday night. So we try to sleep, and then I woke up with the aforementioned symptoms. I must have thrown up 8 or so times during the time I should have been teaching. Good thing I can take a sick day. I then tried to sleep the rest of the day. I woke up around 6:30pm when Amy called me to remind me I had practice at the church again, which I knew I had but there was no way I was in shape to make it or, even if I did make it, that I would be any good to anyone. Wednesday night and Thursday we had family in town, too, so I had to miss those get-togethers, as well. Friday came and we had a funeral for Howard Betts, my step-grandfather, husband to my grandma Irene (previously Van Liew) Betts. Amy's parents were going to join us, but they had gotten the same flu that Aidan, Amy, and I had earlier, so they were home with the same symptoms. Today is now Saturday, the day after the funeral, and we came to find out this morning that my mom (still in town for the funeral, supposed to fly out about now) had the same sickness. She's not been having a good time with it, either, so my dad called to change their flights to tomorrow. Let's just hope he doesn't get sick tomorrow and have to fly home like that. Does that sound like a fun week? I think the little bug that got us sick had a grand ol' time.

0 comments: