2.13.2009

poetic response to pain

The pain you express makes me hurt within
I don't understand the suffering which you are in
But along the way we may turn and find
That someone will listen, even pay you mind
Is that what you cry out for? Not just from the pain?
Can it be that what you need is Christ's soothing rain?

If those who bear His name have hurt you as such
I apologize and empathize because you've hurt much
While people suck and we fail left and right
Truly, truly, I say to you, Christ still is Light
Though the flesh we're in will rotten and decay
Still the LORD is caring, loving without delay

Too much is made of our failings by us
Christ has dealt with it, in Him I will trust
If peace is what you seek, don't look away
His arms are open wide, ready to comfort today
Are you willing to just let it all go?
Grace and new life He's waiting to show

REST! He provides what I need
My neediness must yield to His incredible deed
REST! Precious gift
Made alive for His glory and praise to lift
REST!

0 comments: